Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below you’ll find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. We’re here to help, so if you have any questions or concerns, we don’t address it below, please feel free to contact us.
Is Moses Buys Houses a real estate agency?
What's the difference between a real estate agent and a real estate investor?
- Commissions: 6%
- Closing Costs: 2-3%
- Financing Contingency: 30 Days
- Average Days Until Sold: 70-90 Days
- Number of Showings: It Depends
- Closing Date: Negotiated
- Repairs: Negotiated
Real Estate Investors are people who invest money in real estate in a variety of ways. There are many advantages for homeowners who choose to work with real estate investors, over listing their home with an agent. Here are some of the benefits of working with Moses Buys Houses:
- Commissions: ZERO
- Closing Costs: ZERO
- Financing Contingency: NONE
- Average Days Until Sold: 24 HR. OFFER
- Number of Showings: ONE
- Closing Date: YOUR CHOICE
- Repairs: NONE
Does it cost anything to work with Moses Buys Houses?
What's a fair cash offer?
A fair cash offer is the amount a home buying company, like Moses Buys Houses, can pay all-cash for a property. A lot of factors are taken into account when coming up with this fair cash offer price. This includes:
- The location of the home
- The owner/renter makeup of the neighborhood, school district, safety
- The condition of the home
- The cost to repair any deferred maintenance to bring it up to modern standards (materials and labor, including hiring licensed general contractors and permitting)
- Existing liens and judgements against the house, plus any back taxes
- The value and condition of similar homes sold within a half-mile to mile radius from the property
- The average amount of time it takes for those properties to sell and close
- How quickly you, the seller, need to close
- Current real estate market activity and projections
- Planning for months worth of holding costs (such as the cost of capital, permits, taxes, insurance, utilities)
- Keep 5-10% contingency for any problems that pop up out of nowhere
- Plus all the costs we will incur on the resale of a rehabbed property, such as commissions and closing costs, which can add up to nearly 10% (something you won’t have to pay when you sell to us).
Ultimately, we offer a premium service to local homeowners who need to sell their home fast and, like any family-owned and operated business, we must be able to profit when we resell the house. That’s the only thing that can offset the risk we take with each home we buy, many of which have a lot of unforeseen problems.
We do not have the same guarantees we offer our clients, such as: knowing when or for home much the home will sell for months down the line. Once we make a fair all-cash offer, you’ll know exactly when and for how much your house will sell for. In effect, we’re offering you peace of mind, while you’re offering us an opportunity.
Now, at Moses Buys Houses, we are fans of creative real estate solutions, so there may be times where we will make an offer to a seller with several different options — each with different prices and terms. So we work with sellers to find what works best for both parties.
But my neighbor's telling me I can get more for my house if I list it -- what gives?
We provide a premium service which includes giving you a no-obligation cash offer, within 24 hours, after visiting the property. All of our fair cash offers are below market value, as explained above. We ensure you don’t pay any commissions, fees, and in most cases, any closing costs. Unlike a regular owner occupant homebuyer, you don’t need to make any necessary repairs — you won’t have to put a dime more into the property and can just walk away stress-free. Plus, we will buy your house “as-is”, regardless of condition of your property.
Am I obligated to accept your cash offer if I submit a request?
Do investors really pay me cash for my house?
Here’s what will happen when we buy your home… We will wire transfer purchase funds to a reputable third-party title or escrow company. Once the title company receives the funds, they will request that you sign over the deed and other transfer documents.
If you have a mortgage or loan on the house, you can then use those funds to pay off any lenders and lienholders first, before transferring remaining difference into your bank account. So at the end of closing, the funds (cash) will be wired directly into your bank account.
If you really want to walk around with a briefcase at that point, you can pull the cash out of your account 🙂
Who holds the cash during the closing process?
What if liens show up on my title?
If you want to talk about your options or if you need to sell your house fast in Memphis, Chattanooga, Birmingham, Huntsville or any surrounding areas in Alabama and Tennessee… please give us a call at 423-375-8575 or fill in your property info below and get a cash offer in 24 hours
Secure & Confidential
Why Work With Us?
I was definitely happy with the offer, didn't have to touch a thing and we closed 2 weeks later without any issues [...] Thankful it went well and would recommend to anyone looking to sell their house quickly.